Stuck on campus late at night? RamSafe is the point-to-point evening transportation service dedicated for VCU students, faculty and staff. The program provides free transportation to on-campus locations and nearby residences and buildings within defined boundaries on the Monroe Park and MCV campuses. VCU students, faculty and staff are encouraged to submit their requests at ramsafe.vcu.edu or 828-SAFE (7233) between the hours of 5pm and 8am to schedule a ride. RamSafe operates 365 days a year.
Faculty, staff and students on the MCV Campus should continue to contact 828-WALK (9255) for MCV Campus transports.
RamSafe Hours of Operation
Monroe Park Campus (RamSafe)
5 p.m. to 8 a.m.
MCV Campus (VCUHS Security)
5 p.m. to 8 a.m.
Fall/Spring Cross-campus Hours
Mon - Fri: 1 a.m. to 6:15 a.m.
Sat - Sun: 1 a.m. to 7:30 a.m.
Summer Cross-campus Hours
Mon - Fri: 7 p.m. to 6:50 a.m.
Sat - Sun: 5 p.m. to 7:20 a.m.
View the RamSafe service areas: RamSafe Service Area- Monroe Park Campus and RamSafe Service Area- MCV Campus
Effective February 23, 2017, all RamSafe guests must present a guest pass to the driver upon boarding the vehicle. RamSafe/RamRide guest passes are available online.
Download Guest Pass
- Paste https://vcu.t2hosted.com into your browser, or hit "Download Guest Pass" below.
- Select “Get Permit” and log in with your VCU credentials.
- Select “Transportation Guest Pass.”
- Agree to the policies and procedures.
- Select the date you would like the guest pass to start. Passes will automatically expire four days after the date you select.
- Select “Print at Home.”
- Simply print the permit and make sure your guest presents the paper pass to the driver. This pass is valid for VCU's RamRide and RamSafe transit services.
*UPDATE: Alternate RamSafe Pickup Location
The existing construction barricades on Franklin Street prevent a safe passenger pickup for RamSafe vehicles. As a result, the Cabell Library has been identified as a safer alternate pickup location for Brandt Hall, Rhoads Hall and Johnson Hall passengers while the Monroe Park construction continues. Please note, all users requesting pickup service from these locations will be re-directed to Cabell Library.
How to Schedule a Ride:
- Access RamSafe (ramsafe.vcu.edu) via desktop, laptop, tablet, smartphone or call 828-SAFE (7233). You can also access the RamSafe app through VCU Mobile.
- At ramsafe.vcu.edu, enter your eID and password and follow the prompts to enter a ride request.
- Provide the following information so that we may easily identify you and document our activity:
- Current pick up location and phone number (the online system only needs your phone number the first time)
- Desired destination
- Number of people in your party (The passenger making the reservation must have a valid VCUCard; guests must have a guest pass)
- Once your vehicle is assigned, you can track it until it arrives by clicking the status of your ride button.
- You will receive notification once the RamSafe bus reaches your destination. The driver will wait 3 minutes before leaving.
- Enjoy your ride!
PLEASE NOTE: More than 3 no-shows and/or cancellations during the semester may result in termination of riding privileges for that term.
- You are allowed to bring 2 guests on the RamSafe bus. Guests are considered to be NON-VCU staff, students and faculty. The VCU requestor is expected to ensure that his/her guest(s) abides by RamSafe's "Rules of the Ride."
- All VCU staff, students and faculty MUST present a VCU ID when boarding the RamSafe bus.
- Guest(s) must present a valid guest pass to the driver and be accompanied by a passenger with a valid VCUCard.
- Requests should include the total number of passengers, including guests (NON-VCU passengers).
- You will be responsible for your guest(s) while on the RamSafe shuttle.
Rules of the Ride:
- You MUST present your VCUCard when boarding. Your request can include a max. of 2 guests with a valid VCUCard.
- No smoking is allowed, including electronic cigarette use and/or vaping devices.
- Pets are not allowed. Registered service animals, however, are welcome.
- No alcohol (in open or closed containers) is permitted.
- Food or drinks must be in a closed container.
- Items that you transport on the bus should fit in your lap or between your legs to enable safe ingress and egress.
- For your safety, please do not chase after the bus.
- VCU Parking and Transportation reserves the right to deny transport to any passenger if, based upon the judgment of the driver, the passenger’s behavior presents a danger to the vehicle, the driver, and/or other passengers.
Get in Touch With Us!
Do you have a question or comment for RamSafe? Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact us here.
Lost Items: If you believe you left an item on a RamSafe vehicle, please contact the Parking Customer Service office first at 804-828-7275. If we cannot locate the item, please contact the VCU PD Property Office at (804) 828-7071 or email@example.com. Additional information regarding lost & found items can be found here: https://police.vcu.edu/services/lost-and-found.