Virginia Commonwealth University has a maintenance facility dedicated to the University’s fleet. Our 3-person technical staff has over 85 years of automotive industry experience and prides itself with quick turnaround times at a labor rate that is much less than area retailers.
- State Inspections
- Oil changes
- Preventative maintenance (PM) services
- Tire and brake repairs
- Light duty repairs
- Repair coordination with vendors
- Early Bird/Night Owl drop box (requires Y lot access after-hours)
- On-site service calls (including after-hours)
- New vehicle in-service and surplus prep
- Short-term vehicle for extended repair downtime (based on availability)
- Vehicle pick-up and drop off (when necessary)
- Vehicle license plate, registration and title processing
- Direct billing to BANNER index (no invoices to process)
Joe Wellons, Fleet Maintenance Supervisor
Email: email@example.comVCU Fleet Maintenance Facility
909 Oliver Hill Way
Phone: (804) 828-7490
7:30am – 4:00pm, Monday – Friday
For your convenience, we also have an Early Bird/Night Owl Key Drop Box. The box is located at the entrance to the Fleet Maintenance Shop and is available for customers needing to bring vehicles after shop hours or when Fleet staff is out on a service call.
To use the drop box, complete an envelope form, place your key inside, seal and drop the envelope in the box. Fleet staff will monitor this box and contact customers with questions or when work is completed.
Please note that drivers will need card access to the Y lot to drop off vehicles after hours.
Contact Joe Wellons for more information at (804) 828-7490.