Awards & Recognition
- 2017 LEEP Award, "Exemplary Higher Education Sector Parking Facility"
VCU Parking and Transportation is an auxiliary unit, managed by VCU Police. Employing over a little more than 100 employees, the department is divided into the following units: Operations, Enforcement, Special Events, Customer Service, Accounting, Fleet, and Transportation. Every day, we are able to provide parking and transit solutions for just over 50,000 students, faculty, staff and visitors.
To effectively manage a safe, reliable and sustainable parking and transit infrastructure for all students, faculty, staff and visitors in a growing metropolitan environment.
We accomplish this mission by:
- Providing responsive, prompt and courteous customer service;
- Ensuring all parking system and transit technologies remain user-friendly and easily attainable;
- Providing accessible, monitored, and well-maintained parking facilities;
- Keeping subscribers and visitors informed of any changes/impacts to service;
- Being responsive to the concerns of our impact on the business and citizen community and working together to develop synergetic solutions;
- Consistently striving for improvement, quality assurance and innovative solutions to better meet the challenging needs of our users and community while operating in an urban environment.
To be recognized as a national leader in providing efficient parking and transportation solutions while serving as a model for excellence within the parking and transportation industry.