MCV Campus Sale
VCU Parking and Transportation has worked in collaboration with the MCV Campus Assistant and Associate Dean’s Council to improve the MCV Campus student parking sale experience. The new sale process will resemble a lottery system and go into effect for spring 2020 MCV Campus commuter parking permits only, beginning on October 30, 2019.
VCU Parking and Transportation will place 80 MCV Campus parking permits on sale on Tuesday, Dec. 10 at 9 a.m. Permits can be purchased online at https://vcu.t2hosted.com/Account/Portal.
- Before making your purchase, you will need to have your VCU eID and vehicle information on hand, be registered for classes for the current semester in advance of the parking sale and have no outstanding parking citations. Additionally, a permanent address should be on file in Banner.
- Log in to the parking portal by clicking on the "Manage my Account" button in the top right hand corner of this page. You will be prompted to enter your VCU credentials.
- Select "Get Permits." A list of qualifying parking options will populate. Once logged into the online parking portal, you will be placed into a queue.
- Parking is sold on a first come, first served basis, so some facilities may not be available at the time of your purchase.
- Add the selected permit to your cart, and follow the prompts for payment. You will receive an electronic receipt and temporary permit with barcode. You may place this temporary permit on your dashboard until your hangtag arrives, and, if parking in a deck, you can simply use your VCUCard to enter your facility.
- Once purchased, you will receive your RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) hangtag in the mail within 7 to 10 business days. In the event you do not receive your permit by this time, contact customer service at 828-PARK (7275).
How to participate in the lottery:
- Beginning at midnight on October 30 through November 1 at 11:59 p.m., all students interested in purchasing an MCV Campus commuter permit can log in to https://apps.parking.vcu.edu/mcvwebsales/ using your university ID and password to select their top 3 to 5 parking preferences.
- The system will assign you an internal number upon submission of your application. If your number is selected via a random generator, you will receive a notification at the primary email address listed on your parking portal on November 11 with your award and link to purchase your permit online.
- You will have 48 hours to accept and purchase your awarded permit before forfeiture.
* Entering the permit lottery does not guarantee participants a parking permit.
- October 30 at midnight- Parking lottery opens
- November 1 at 11:59 p.m.- Parking lottery closes
- November 11- Students receive award letter via email if they received a permit in the lottery. You have 48 hours to accept your award, or your selection will be forfeited.
Several students noted that the previous process did not meet their needs, so we worked in collaboration with the MCV Campus Associate and Assistant Deans Council to develop an alternate option. This new solution, designed with students’ feedback in mind, will help alleviate the technology and time constraint challenges that existed with the previous sale experience. Additionally, the new process allows students the ability to select multiple parking preferences versus one, as with previous sales.
Simply put, the MCV Campus holds several unique challenges apart from the Monroe Park Campus, to include limited space availability, greater parking demand, and variance among student schedules/rotations. Each of these factors contributed to a less than optimal sales experience, which sparked the change. This new process was determined to be the fairest option for students.
The Monroe Park Campus did not experience these issues, so we will continue to operate parking sales on a first come, first served basis for this campus. We will continue to evaluate the sales experience each semester, in partnership with VCU administrative leaders, to determine the most effective solutions for each campus.
No. Parking demand typically outweighs space availability on the MCV Campus. Participants will be awarded permits using a random number generator.
Students can select their permit time preference for the awarded location upon receiving notification of the award, during the purchase process.
Parking options for Spring 2020 can be found at https://parking.vcu.edu/parking/students/options-and-rates/.
In the event you are not awarded an MCV Campus permit, you are welcome to participate in the Monroe Park Campus parking sale on November 14. The West Broad St. Deck is close to the Pulse bus line and is just a short 10-minute ride to the Medical Center stop on the MCV Campus. As a VCU student, you can ride the GRTC bus system at no cost. Please note, permits are sold on a first come, first served basis on the Monroe Park Campus.
In order to purchase a parking permit, you must be registered for classes and have no outstanding parking citations. If neither of these situations apply to you, please contact customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email customer service at email@example.com with additional questions regarding the sales process.