VCU Parking and Transportation enforcement and safety officers issue citations for vehicles parked in university parking facilities that are in violation of VCU's parking guidelines. Once an officer has issued a citation for a vehicle, you can pay the citation or appeal it online. After initial review by the Parking Appeals Officer, citations may be appealed to the Richmond General District Traffic Court.
Please note, the City of Richmond is responsible for writing citations (lime green tickets) for vehicles parked on city streets.
You have 15 calendar days from the date of issuance to pay and/or appeal a citation. For questions or concerns regarding the appeals process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individuals with three or more unpaid parking fines may have their vehicle immobilized (booted). Vehicles identified while on university property will be booted and the owner will be required to pay all outstanding parking penalties and fines before the boot will be removed. Additionally, there is a boot removal fee. During office hours, all fines may be paid with cash, money order, credit card, or certified check. Vehicle owners' whose cars remain booted after Parking and Transportation closes are able to pay all of their penalties online. After payment, please contact the VCU Enforcement Officer at 971-0540 to have your boot removed. If payment is not made, the vehicle can be towed at the owner's expense.
The university reserves the right to tow vehicles at the owner's expense from areas designated as tow zones, situations that present a hazard or impede the normal and/or emergency operations of the university, or are parked in unassigned areas without notice to the owner. After towing a vehicle, Parking and Transportation will notify VCU Police of the vehicle's location. ALL FINES MUST BE PAID PRIOR TO THE VEHICLE BEING RELEASED FROM IMPOUNDMENT.
Any person who has been issued a parking ticket may file an appeal online provided that no more than fifteen (15) calendar days have elapsed since the issuance of the ticket. The Appeals Officer will investigate to determine if a violation has occurred and if there were significant mitigating circumstances surrounding the alleged violation to warrant excusing the fine. The appeal will be entered into the computer system and the billing process will be halted until a decision is made.
- Appeals must be submitted online within fifteen (15) calendar days from the date of the ticket.
- The appeals process is an administrative process; therefore a hearing will not be conducted.
- Appellants will be notified via email of the decision within 5 to 7 business days.
- The decision by the Appeals Officer is final and binding with VCU Parking and Transportation
- If an appeal request is denied, you will have fifteen (15) calendar days from issuance of the denial email to pay the fine.
- Parking citations not paid within fifteen (15) calendar days will become past due and a late fee will be assessed.
- Parking citations not paid within sixty days (60) will be turned over to a collection agency.
The parking office must receive the appeal within fifteen calendar days of the citation's issuance date.
$5.00 Fine- Improper Display, After Hours Fee, Failure to Pay Upon Exit
$15.00 Fine- Occupying More than one Space
$25.00 Fine- Failure to Display, Parking In Loading Zone, Parking In Service Zone, Blocking Drive or Roadway, Exceeding Posted Time, Service Charge Tow/Boot, Parking in Wrong Location, Parking on Sidewalk or Lawn, Failure to Obey Posted Traffic Patterns, Meter Time Expired, Parking In a Prohibited Zone
$50.00 Fine- Unauthorized Parking in D Deck
$100.00 Fine- Parking In an ADA Space
$200.00 Fine- Forged/Altered Permit, Unauthorized Use of a Permit
There are multiple ways to pay a citation:
- Fines can be paid online at https://vcu.t2hosted.com.
- Fines can be paid in person to the VCU Parking and Transportation office from 9:00am until 4:30 pm, on the Monroe Park Campus and at the MCV campus location at 659 N. 8th Street, Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm.
- Fines can be mailed to the VCU Parking and Transportation office @ P.O. Box 980235, Richmond, VA. 23298. If payment is mailed, please include the citation number on the memo line on the check.
- Payment may be made with cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, AMEX, money order or certified check. Checks and money orders should be made payable to VCU Parking and Transportation.
Parking citations not paid or appealed within 15 calendar days of the issuance date become past due and a late fee will be assessed. Parking citations not paid within sixty days (60) will be turned over to a collection agency.
You can download our Citation Guidelines here.