RamRide is a shuttle service for faculty, staff and students that helps you travel safely and conveniently to, from and around VCU's campuses. RamRide routes travel to our remote parking facilities and connect the Monroe Park Campus with the MCV Campus.
RamRide buses operate daily, and service is free for all VCU students, faculty and staff with a valid VCUCard. While RamRide does not have a set schedule, passengersare able track the status of each shuttle and estimated arrival times by downloading the VCU TransLoc mobile app, also available on VCU Mobile.
Beginning on Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2019, the Connector will transition to an express route, serving the James Branch Cabell Library, One Capitol Square, 8th and Main streets, Sanger Hall and J. Sargeant Reynolds RamRide stops only.
The Connector Express will operate on the same daily schedule as the Campus Connector for the spring and summer semester; however, service will be modified slightly through January 11.
Students and employees are encouraged to use GRTC’s Pulse and Route 5 routes for travel between the Monroe Park and MCV Campuses. Learn more about the GRTC pilot program for students and employees.
RamRide Route Details
Download a copy of the RamRide routes: RamRide 2019 Route Map [PDF]
Does GRTC's Pulse or Route 5 fit your commute? View our Monroe Park and MCV Campus Bus Map [PDF].
View the rules for boarding RamRide buses: RamRide Safe Boarding Procedures [PDF].
An accessible text description of each route is available by clicking on the route name.
|Route||Operating Time(s)||Available Stops|
(Launches Jan. 2)
Spring '19 Semester
Jan. 2- Jan. 4, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Jan. 5 - Jan. 6, No service
Jan. 7 - Jan. 11, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Normal service begins Jan. 12
Monday through Friday, 6am to 12am
Saturday and Sunday, 8am to 12am
Summer '19 Semester
Monday through Friday, 7am to 7pm
No Weekend Service
|A Lot Route||Monday through Friday, 4am to 8pm||
|I Lot Route||Monday though Friday, 5:30am to 8pm||
|M Lot Route||Monday through Friday, 5am to 12am||
|R Lot Route||
Monday through Friday,
R Lot is serviced by the M Lot bus during all other times
How to Use RamRide:
- Download the RamRide Bus Tracker via the VCU Mobile app or visit vcu.transloc.com. All active routes will populate on the map.
- Click on your stop and view the estimated arrival time(s).
- Wait for the bus at the designated RamRide stop.
- Once passengers have disembarked, board the bus and swipe your VCUCard on the side of the door.
- Take a seat.
- Ride on!
All RamRide and RamSafe guest riders must present a valid guest pass to the driver upon boarding. To retrieve, please follow the below instructions.
- Click https://vcu.t2hosted.com/Account/Portal or the "Download Guest Pass" button below.
- Select “Get Permit” and log in with your VCU credentials.
- Select “Transportation Guest Pass.”
- Agree to the policy and procedures.
- Select the date you would like the guest pass to start. Passes will automatically expire four days after the date you select.
- Select “Print at Home.”
- Simply print the permit and make sure your guest presents the paper pass to the driver. This pass is valid for VCU's RamRide and RamSafe transit services.
Guest passes are also available for pick-up at our customer service offices on the Monroe Park and MCV campuses.
Please note, all VCU shuttles are handicapped accessible.
Lost Items: VCU Parking and Transportation maintains a separate lost and found inventory via the web application Crowdfind. The Crowdfind system is designed to make it easier for students, staff and visitors in the area to easily search electronic files for a lost item and file a claim for the item at any time from any device, once they are able to positively identify and confirm that the item belongs to them. If you believe you left an item on a RamRide bus, please visit the Lost & Found section for retrieval instructions.