RamRide is a shuttle service that travels to VCU's remote parking facilities. Buses operate Monday through Friday, and service is free for all VCU students, faculty and staff with a valid VCUCard. While RamRide does not have a set schedule, passengers can track the status of each shuttle and estimated arrival times by downloading the VCU Ride Systems mobile app, also available on VCU Mobile. For transportation service between VCU's campuses, visit our GRTC page.
Beginning August 1, RamRide will be serviced by RMA Worldwide.
Changes to expect during the transition:
- Different buses- An interim fleet of minibuses will be used for approx. 16 months.
- New boarding process- Simply present your VCU/VCU Health System ID card to the RamRide driver.
- New tracking system-Track RamRide using the Ride Systems app, available through Google Play, iOS app stores and VCU Mobile.
For more information, visit https://news.vcu.edu/article/RMA_Worldwide_VCUs_new_shuttle_provider_to_begin_operating_Aug
In an effort to eliminate redundant services and contribute to the cost of the new partnership, VCU will eliminate its current Campus Connector transportation service, effective July 1, 2019. To travel between the campuses, students and employees can use GTRC’s Pulse, which serves a 7.6-mile route along Broad Street, as well as Route 5, among other routes. Learn more on our GRTC page.
How to Use RamRide:
- Download the RamRide Bus Tracker via the VCU Mobile app or visit https://ramride.ridesystems.net/. All active routes will populate on the map.
- Click on your stop and view the estimated arrival time(s).
- Wait for the bus at the designated RamRide stop.
- Once passengers have disembarked, board the bus and swipe your VCUCard on the side of the door.
- Take a seat.
- Ride on!
RamRide Route Details
Download a copy of the RamRide routes: RamRide Route Map [PDF]
Does GRTC's Pulse or Route 5 fit your commute? View our Monroe Park and MCV Campus Bus Map [PDF].
View the rules for boarding RamRide buses: RamRide Safe Boarding Procedures [PDF].
An accessible text description of each route is available by clicking on the route name.
|Route||Operating Time(s)||Available Stops|
|A Lot Route||Monday through Friday, 4am to 8pm||
|I Lot Route||Monday though Friday, 5:30am to 8pm||
|M Lot Route||Monday through Friday, 5am to 12am||
|R Lot Route||
Monday through Friday,
R Lot is serviced by the M Lot bus during all other times
All RamRide and RamSafe guest riders must present a valid guest pass to the driver upon boarding. To retrieve, please follow the below instructions.
- Click https://vcu.t2hosted.com/Account/Portal or the "Download Guest Pass" button below.
- Select “Get Permit” and log in with your VCU credentials.
- Select “Transportation Guest Pass.”
- Agree to the policy and procedures.
- Select the date you would like the guest pass to start. Passes will automatically expire four days after the date you select.
- Select “Print at Home.”
- Simply print the permit and make sure your guest presents the paper pass to the driver. This pass is valid for VCU's RamRide and RamSafe transit services.
Guest passes are also available for pick-up at our customer service offices on the Monroe Park and MCV campuses.
Please note, all VCU shuttles are handicapped accessible.
Lost Items: VCU Parking and Transportation maintains a separate lost and found inventory via the web application Crowdfind. The Crowdfind system is designed to make it easier for students, staff and visitors in the area to easily search electronic files for a lost item and file a claim for the item at any time from any device, once they are able to positively identify and confirm that the item belongs to them. If you believe you left an item on a RamRide bus, please visit the Lost & Found section for retrieval instructions.