Here at VCU Parking and Transportation, we provide parking more than 7,000 students each semester.
In addition to hourly parking options at our visitor decks (West Broad Street Deck, West Main Street Deck, West Cary Street Deck, Eighth Street Deck), we also offer student permit parking at our subscriber decks and lots.
Parking is sold by the semester (Fall, Spring, Summer) and can be purchased online. Available permit types include: Commuter, Housing, Off-campus Housing, Evening and Summer.
Rate and facility information can be found under "Student Options & Rates."
Housing and 24-hour commuter permits are now available for purchase, effective May 21.
On July 9 at 7 a.m., all MCV Campus standard commuter permits will be available for purchase.
On July 25 at 7 a.m., all Monroe Park Campus standard commuter permits will be available for purchase.
Students must be registered for classes prior to purchasing parking. View"Student Options & Rates"
How to Purchase Parking
Note: Freshmen students with parking waivers must purchase parking in person at one of our customer service offices.
- All student parking purchases should be made online. Before purchasing, make sure you view the Student Options & Rates information.
- Before making your purchase, please ensure that you have your VCU eID and vehicle information on hand, are registered for classes for the current semester and have no outsitanding parking citations. Additionally, a permanent address should be on file in Banner.
- Log in to the parking portal by clicking on the "Manage my Account" button in the top right hand corner of this page. You will be promted to enter your VCU credentials.
- Select "Get Permits." A list of qualifying parking options will populate. Parking is sold on a first come, first served basis, so some facilities may not be available at the time of your purchase.
- Add the selected permit to your cart, and follow the prompts for payment. You will receive an electronic receipt and temporary permit with barcode. You may place this temporary permit on your dashboard until your hangtag arrives, or, if parking in a deck, you can simply use your VCUCard to enter your facility.
- Once purchased, you will receive your RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) hangtag in the mail within 7 to 10 business days. In the event you do not receive your permit by this time, contact customer service at 828-PARK (7275).
- For any parking related concerns or questions, feel free to contact customer service by calling 828-PARK.